- Anneli Ahonen, Senior Fellow, ISD Global, and Former Head of East Stratcom Task Force, EEAS & EU vs Disinfo
- Renée DiResta, Research Manager, Stanford Internet Observatory
- Lee Foster, Senior Vice President, Althea Group and Former Director of Information Operations Analysis, Mandiant/Fire Eye
- Puma Shen, Assistant Professor at National Taipei University and Director, DoubleThink Labs
- Moderator: Bret Schafer, Senior Fellow, Alliance for Securing Democracy at the German Marshall Fund of the United States
Documented evidence of nation states using information platforms to interfere in democratic processes, manipulate public debates, and undermine open societies has catalyzed efforts from governments, civil society, and technology companies to mitigate the threat of state-sponsored information manipulation. Those responses, however, have received far less careful analysis than the threat itself. In the lead up to the Summit for Democracy, join the Alliance for Securing Democracy for a discussion on how global democracies can respond to and resist the creep of digital authoritarianism—not just in autocratic countries but in democratic ones as well.