The aim of the Global Elections Day (GED) is to celebrate our most important democratic institution: elections. In the past almost two decades Global Elections Day evolved into a tradition, a real celebration organized in democracies throughout the ACEEEO region by EMBs and other electoral stakeholders on the first Thursday of February.
The goals of the Global Elections Day Summit 2022 are:
- to celebrate elections, a cornerstone of democracy;
- to acknowledge election officials, working relentlessly as guards of the democracy;
- to demonstrate the unity of the election officials from all over the globe;
- to show the diversity of elections;
- to support the exchange of best practices among the election management bodies; and
- to provide guidance to the voters.